Egypt Tours with Ruth Shilling & All One World
NOTE: The Grand Egyptian Museum (GEM) has not opened as planned. No date has currently been set for that opening.
Therefore we cannot offer a GEM tour at this time. We are hoping that it will be open for a tour in November 2022.
Please check back here for updates.
“Time & Space in the Temples and Pyramids” (GEM is unlikely)
Saturday, February 19 – Sunday, March 6, 2022
Registrations open November 15, 2021 *
* Due to the uncertain nature of the health issues currently being faced globally (COVID),
we are be waiting until November 15, 2021, to begin accepting registrations.
Join our small group (limited to 12 travelers) for an unforgettable all-inclusive 2-week tour of the Ancient Egyptian treasures. Unlike the other tours which hurry through the sacred sites, we will do our visits in a slower, more peaceful way. There is time to marvel, photograph, and let it all sink in.
Part of WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT.
Extras included in our tours :
• Private 2-hour visit with just our group inside the Great Pyramid of Giza and a full day on the Giza Plateau
• A full-day visit to the new Grand Egyptian Museum, with an option to visit a 2nd time at the end of the tour
• Tomb of Ramesses V&VI in the Valley of the Kings
• Pyramid of Unas at Saqqara (earliest Pyramid Texts)
• Karnak Open Air Museum with the Red Chapel and White Chapel during our full day at Karnak
• Abydos, Dendera, Silsila, Esna, Abu Simbel, Ramesseum, Medinet Habu Temple, Luxor Museum, Imhotep Museum (and, of course, the typical sites)
• Our own private dahabeya Nile sailboat enables us to visit sites which are not accessible to the large cruise boats. We move at our own pace and truly relish the peacefulness and beauty of this renowned river. A dahabeya (also spelled “dahabiya”) is a large sailboat with 8 guest cabins, a full crew, specially prepared meals, and all the amenities, including wifi. We will have 4 nights on the dahabeya. Day-by-Day Itinerary.
The video above is by Wouter Bosman, All One World traveler, Feb-March 2019 Tour. Thank you, Wouter!
BOOKS ABOUT EGYPT by Ruth Shilling
Sites Included in Your 15-day Egypt Tour
PYRAMIDS: The 3 Giza Pyramids & Sphinx, Saqqara Step Pyramid, Unas Pyramid, Dashur Bent Pyramid & Red Pyramid. PLUS! a private visit with just our group in the Great Pyramid!
TEMPLES: Sphinx Valley Temple, Karnak Temple Complex (multiple temples), Abydos Seti 1st Temple, Abybos Ramesses II Temple, Dendera Hathor Temple, Hatshepsut’s Deir el-Bahari, Ramesseum, Luxor Temple, Medinet Habu, Esna Temple, Edfu Horus Temple, Silsila Horemheb Temple, Kom Ombo, Philae Isis Temple, Abu Simbel Temples.
TOMBS: Tomb of Nefertari (special ticket), Saqqara Tombs, Valley of the Kings – 3 tombs + Tomb of Ramesses V&VI (extra ticket)
MUSEUMS: Imhotep Museum at Saqqara, Luxor Museum, Open Air Museum at Karnak, Cairo Egyptian Museum (with King Tut exhibit), Solar Boat Museum at Giza.