Egypt Tours with Ruth Shilling & All One World
Our next tours are
a one-week Egypt tour
Saturday, March 11 – Saturday, March 18, 2023 = SOLD OUT =
NOTE: The Grand Egyptian Museum (GEM) is hoping to open in 2023.
If it has not opened at the time of this tour, we will visit other museums in Cairo on our museum day.
Join our small group (limited to 16 travelers) for an unforgettable 16-day tour of the Ancient Egyptian treasures. Unlike the other tours which hurry through the sacred sites, we will do our visits in a slower, more peaceful way. There is time to marvel, photograph, and let it all sink in.
Part of WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT.
Extras included in our tours :
• Private 2-hour visit with just our group inside the Great Pyramid of Giza and a full day on the Giza Plateau
• A full-day visit to the new Grand Egyptian Museum (if open), otherwise we will visit other Cairo museums
• New sites at Saqqara – go INSIDE the Step Pyramid, the newly opened Southern Tomb, the Serapeum, and more!
• Tomb of Ramesses V&VI in the Valley of the Kings
• Pyramid of Unas at Saqqara (earliest Pyramid Texts)
• Karnak Open Air Museum with the Red Chapel and White Chapel during our full day at Karnak. See the newly restored Hypostyle Hall!
• Abydos, Dendera, Silsila, Esna, Abu Simbel, Ramesseum, Medinet Habu Temple, Luxor Museum, Imhotep Museum (and, of course, the typical sites.
• Our own private dahabeya Nile sailboat enables us to visit sites which are not accessible to the large cruise boats. We move at our own pace and truly relish the peacefulness and beauty of this renowned river. A dahabeya (also spelled “dahabiya”) is a large sailboat with 14 guest cabins, a full crew, specially prepared meals, and all the amenities, including wifi. We will have 5 nights on the dahabeya. Day-by-Day Itinerary.
The video above is by Wouter Bosman, All One World traveler, Feb-March 2019 Tour. Thank you, Wouter!
BOOKS ABOUT EGYPT by Ruth Shilling
Sites Included in Your 16-day “Time & Space in the Temples & Pyramids” Egypt Tour
NEWLY OPENED SITES!! The Grand Egyptian Museum (very likely open, but not guaranteed), inside the Step Pyramid at Saqqara, the Southern Tomb at Saqqara, the newly restored Avenue of the Sphinxes in Luxor, the Golden City in Luxor (if open), newly opened tombs in Luxor, the newly cleaned Karnak Hypostyle Hall, and renovations at Dendera Temple and Esna Temple.
PYRAMIDS: The 3 Giza Pyramids & Sphinx, Saqqara Step Pyramid (inside), Unas Pyramid, Dashur Bent Pyramid & Red Pyramid. PLUS! a private visit with just our group inside the Great Pyramid!
TEMPLES: Sphinx Valley Temple, Karnak Temple Complex (multiple temples), Abydos Seti 1st Temple, Abydos Ramesses II Temple, Dendera Hathor Temple, Hatshepsut’s Deir el-Bahari, Ramesseum Temple in Luxor, Luxor Temple, Medinet Habu Temple, Esna Temple, Edfu Horus Temple, Silsila Horemheb Temple, Kom Ombo Temple, Philae Isis Temple, Abu Simbel Temples.
TOMBS: Tomb of Nefertari (special ticket) and other tombs on the West Bank of Luxor (depending on which are open), Saqqara Tombs including the newly opened Southern Tomb and the Serapeum, Valley of the Kings – 3 tombs + Tomb of Ramesses V&VI (extra ticket is included). Optional: King Tut, Seti 1st tombs.
MUSEUMS: the Grand Egyptian Museum (if open), Luxor Museum, Open Air Museum at Karnak.
Note: the Imhotep Museum at Saqqara is now closed.